Richard Blackwood to play the Genie in Aladdin: 1st Dec – 31st Dec 2018
Former Eastenders star, actor, comedian and rapper Richard Blackwood will lead the cast of Aladdin at the Hazlitt Theatre this December as he plays the Genie for Kent audiences.
- British comedian, actor and rapper from London
- Joined the cast of EastEnders as mysterious character Vincent Hubbard on 17 February 2015 and left the show last week (20th April 2018)
- In 2011, played the role of Donkey in the West End production of Shrek the Musical. The show opened at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane on 14 June He has starred alongside such performers as Amanda Holden, Nigel Lindsay, Nigel Harman, Kimberley Walsh and Neil McDermott.
- UK Singles: “Mama Who Da Man” (2000) UK No. 3 “22.214.171.124 Get with the Wicked” (feat. Deetah) (2000) UK No. 10 “Someone There for Me” (2000) UK No. 23
- Facebook @officialrichardblackwood
- Twitter @RB_Official
- Box Office: 01622 758611
- Online:https://www.parkwoodtheatres.co.uk/Hazlitt-Theatre/Show/ba4bd4ae-3 bd6-e711-8119-d1a137370c73/aladdin-2018
Quote from Martin Cleverly – General Manager:
“The Hazlitt Theatre’s 2018 programme is full of bigger and better productions in comparison to years gone by so it couldn’t let things slip when it came to the celebrity of it’s in house Pantomime. Richard Blackwood will be a fantastic member of the cast and be part of a production that promises to entertain, delight and wow the visiting crowds.”